The Training (Part 1) starts at 08:30 and the Qualification (Part 2) starts at 11:30. In order to obtain an initial CCW, you must attend both Part 1 & Part 2. Note: Sacramento County Initail CCW Training is sixteen (16) hours long and is only offered twice a year. For a Renewal for all counties, you only need to attend Part 2.
This Four hour course covers Part 2 only and is valid for renewing your CCW in Nevada, Placer, Sacramento, Sutter and Yuba Counties. If your CCW has expired, you have up to 60 days to attend a refresher course. Additionally, once your CCW expires, you may NOT carry until a new CCW is issued by the Sheriff. If your CCW has expired for more than 60 days, you will have to start the process completely over as an initial applicant. Check with your Sheriff's Office for complete details.
if your permit is more than 60 days expired you need to attend Part 1 Training and Part 2 Qualification, please register here
This class covers the training and range qualifications for a CCW Renewal Application for Nevada, Placer, Sacramento, Sutter and Yuba Counties. Completing the class DOES NOT automatically qualify you for a CCW. You will still need to renew at the local Sheriff’s Office (online at the "Permitium Website". A CCW from any of these counties is valid for the entire state of California.
A course of fire is used to evaluate handgun marksmanship. A practice course of fire may be shot if desired. You MUST qualify on each pistol you wish to have on your permit. You may qualify on up to three pistols. Completion of a Concealed Carry Class does NOT allow you to carry a concealed weapon; you must complete the renewal with your local Sheriff.
A CCW is not VALID on Beale AFB. All pistols transported onto Beale AFB, must be transported unloaded and in a locked container. Pistols may NOT be transported on a motorcycle, IAW Beale AFB guidance.
What do I need?
- Pistol (You may qualify on up to three pistols, a holster is not required)
- Please wear a belt.
- For Sutter & Yuba Counties: 50 rnds per pistol, (gives you the ablitiy to shoot course of fire 2 times, if needed).
- For Nevada & Placer Counties: 60 rnds per pistol, (gives you the ablitiy to shoot course of fire 2 times, if needed).
- For Sacramento County: 200 rnds per pistol. (gives you the ablity to shoot the course of fire 2 times, if needed).
- Eye & Ear Protection.
- Have a current CCW or a CCW that has NOT expired within 60 days
- Be a Resident of Nevada, Placer, Sacramento, Sutter, or Yuba County
- No arrests within past five years
- Not forbidden by US or California law to possess a firearm.
Firearm(s) MUST be registered in California to the applicant (Husband & Wife may share the same pistol for most counties).
For Nevada, Placer and Sacramento Counties, please ensure your pistols meet the minimum and maximum caliber size, prior to adding them to your permit.
Please Note: Yahoo email has a tendency to block my badmoonshooting emails, please check your spam filters. Once you enroll, a reminder email is sent out the Wendesday before class with more information